ACCMS seminar “Attacks in the Bitcoin and Blockchain Query Support Design”
Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies (ACCMS) holds a seminar once in a month. We inviting active researchers from a variety of areas, and ask them to give talks about their research activity or issues in performing research, hoping to provide an opportunity for fruitful discussion among participants.
On an ACCMS seminar at July 19, we invite Dr. Bin Xiao at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. We hope to have a lot of participants.
|Place||South Building of ACCMS 2nd floor, Room 202|
|Host||Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies, Kyoto University|
|Inquiry||Huawei Huang, Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies, Kyoto University
Phone ： 075-753-7417
E-mail : hwhuang * media.kyoto-u.ac.jp (Please replace “*” with “@”.)
Speaker ： Bin Xiao (Department of Computing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University ・ Associate Professor)
Title： Attacks in the Bitcoin and Blockchain Query Support Design
Abstract：Blockchain is a new technology and getting tremendous attention for its wide applications to substitute current business models. As a distributed and unchangeable database, current blockchain systems show significant potential to lower operational costs, increase tamper resistance, enforce contracts, and reduce fraud. Bitcoin, as the first digital cryptocurrency, now is the most popular blockchain application. Although designed for secure transactions, Bitcoin can be attacked, e.g., double spending, malicious forking. In this talk, we will first talk about mining attacks in the Bitcoin system, which can be applied in other public blockchain systems as well. The mining attack aims at increasing attacker’s profit but decreasing a mining pool’s rewards. Some preliminary results show that attackers can get more rewards in our approach than previous ones. We also notice that the efficiency and verifiability of querying in existing blockchain applications are very limited. Thus, we will then discuss a new architecture to enhance the query efficiency in a blockchain system.
(This talk will be given in English)
|Remarks||We have an elevator for physically handicapped persons. Please contact the office.|
- 2020/12/15 (Tuesday)ACCMS seminar “Childcare support through AI and studies of human development”
- 2020/11/06（Friday）ACCMS seminar “Field Work with Supercomputer”
- 2020/04/28 (Tuesday)[Notice of postponement] ACCMS seminar “Field Work with Supercomputer”
- 2019/11/19 (Tuesday)ACCMS seminar “Trend of Open Science and Research Data Management in Japan”
- 2019/01/23（Wednesday）ACCMS seminar “Network and Communication with Supercomputer”
- 2018/10/26 （Friday）ACCMS seminar “OME’s Bio-Formats, OMERO, & IDR: Open Tools for Accessing, Integrating, Mining and Publishing Image Data @ Scale”
- 2018/07/19 （Thursday）ACCMS seminar “Attacks in the Bitcoin and Blockchain Query Support Design”
- 2018/06/22 (Friday)ACCMS seminar “Learning Analytics and Evidence-Based Education”
- 2018/03/26（Monday）ACCMS seminar “Analyzing personal traits via interaction in a group”
- 2018/01/18(Thursday）ACCMS seminar “Speech Learning – Human Process Machine Process”