ACCMS seminar “IT Infrastructure to support research activities”
Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies (ACCMS) holds a seminar once in a month. We inviting active researchers from a variety of areas, and ask them to give talks about their research activity or issues in performing research, hoping to provide an opportunity for fruitful discussion among participants.
On an ACCMS seminar on December 12, we invite Mr. Stephen Abrams at California Digital Library. We hope to have a lot of participants.
|Place||South Building of ACCMS 2nd floor, Room 202|
|Host||Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies, Kyoto University
Academic Data Innovation Unit, Kyoto University
|Inquiry||Shoji Kajita, Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies, Kyoto University
Phone ： 075-753-9015
E-mail : kajita * media.kyoto-u.ac.jp (Please replace “*” with “@”.)
Speaker ： Shoji Kajita (Academic Center for Computing and Media Studies, Kyoto University, Professor)
Speaker： Stephen Abrams (California Digital Library, Associate Director)
Title： Supporting Research Data Management at the University of California
Abstract： 【The talk will be given in English】
Academic researchers face many new obligations regarding the management and sharing of their research data in the form of funder mandates, publication requirements, institutional policies, and evolving norms of scholarly best practice. Effective solutions for research data management (RDM) are important to ensure academic integrity and accountability, minimize needless duplication of effort, encourage synergistic investigation, extend the reach and impact of research results, and promote scholarly advancement. This presentation will describe efforts to address the technical and organizational RDM challenges and opportunities facing the modern research University.
At the University of California (UC https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/), support for RDM is a shared responsibility of the 10 individual campus library systems, local IT groups, and the central California Digital Library (CDL http://www.cdlib.org/), the parent organization of the UC Curation Center (UC3 http://www.cdlib.org/uc3). UC3 has active initiatives and collaborations in the areas of data management planning (DMPTool, dmptool.org), data publication (Dash, dash.cdlib.org), streamlining RDM workflows (Dat-in-the-Lab, github.com/codeforscience/Dat-in-the-Lab), data refuge (Data Mirror, datamirror.org), data level metrics and analytics (Make Data Count, makedatacount.org), digital preservation (Merritt, merritt.cdlib.org), and data science literacy training (Data Carpentry/Library Carpentry).
|Remarks||We have an elevator for physically handicapped persons. Please contact the office.|
- 2018/07/19 （Thursday）ACCMS seminar “Attacks in the Bitcoin and Blockchain Query Support Design”
- 2018/06/22 (Friday)ACCMS seminar “Learning Analytics and Evidence-Based Education”
- 2018/03/26（Monday）ACCMS seminar “Analyzing personal traits via interaction in a group”
- 2018/01/18(Thursday）ACCMS seminar “Speech Learning – Human Process Machine Process”
- 2017/12/12 (Tuesday)ACCMS seminar “IT Infrastructure to support research activities”
- 2017/11/09 (Thursday)ACCMS seminar “Mathematical Biology Without Equations: Uncovering Invisible Causal Networks”
- 2017/10/17 (Tuesday)ACCMS seminar “Application of machine learning for natural and computational science”
- 2017/07/18 (Tuesday)ACCMS seminar “Frontier of Algorithm Theory”